Looking For Childcare? Child Care Referral Service [click here]

For Families

For Providors
Home > Families > Child Care Subsidy

Child Care Subsidy - Q’s & A’s

Financial Assistance for Child Care 

               Click here to see the new Child Care Plan.   -
Coming September 2018

Until then please apply as noted below.

A child care subsidy or allowance is available to help low income families in B.C. with the cost of child care:

  • Families that earn $40,000 or less should apply – families that earn up to $55,000 may also be eligible
  • Families may be eligible for full or partial subsidy, depending on their circumstances and income

Subsidy Rate Table

How much subsidy will I get?  The amount of Child Care Subsidy you may receive depends on your family income and size, as well as the ages of your children and the type of care they receive.

Can I get subsidy while I look for work?  This may be considered a reason for child care which is considered when determining eligibility for subsidy.

Can I get subsidy if I am sick?  If you have a medical condition which interferes with your ability to care for your child you may be eligible for subsidy.

Can I apply for Child Care Subsidy if my child attends preschool?  Yes, parents/guardians may qualify for preschool subsidy. You do not have to be working to apply. 

Where can I get an application?
1.  You can visit the Ministry of Children and Families website to print a copy.
2.  You can pick one up at the Kelowna Child Care Society Office. 
(#4 – 1890 Ambrosi Road) Ask the staff for assistance in choosing the forms you will require.
Visit our website for office hours or phone the office.
You can also request to have an application mailed to you from Victoria. Phone: 1-888-338-6622

Can I get help filling out my application?  The Program Consultant at the KCCS Child Care Resource and Referral office would be able to provide you with assistance in filling out your child care subsidy application. We ask that you come with the application filled out to the best of your ability. She can then review the application and answer any questions you may have.

How and where do I send the application?  The Kelowna Child Care Society office can fax the application free of charge. The application is sent to the Ministry of Children and Families located in Victoria. 

 Where can I get a list of child care names?  Click here to get a list of all registered care providers in the Kelowna area or call 250-762-3536 Ext. 202.

© 2005, PromarkDesigns.com